Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Politics Aside


For my fellow Vero Beach friends:

Often times, we lose sight of why we as Americans are a representative democracy. In their wisdom, our forefathers envisioned a future where people would come to represent their region in a manner that dictated integrity and fairness but, more importantly, a fierce dedication to the good will of the people they represented. It is in this spirit that I would like to wholeheartedly commend Kevin Sawnick for not only his integrity and fairness, but his personal dedication to ensuring that the city of Vero Beach continues to prosper. As a city council member, Kevin Sawnick has always fought to defend the city’s best interests, regardless of how it would reflect in the opinion polls. When the city council decided that city workers would need to take salary deductions in order to reduce the city budget by one million dollars, Kevin Sawnick volunteered to give the same percentage of his pay back to the city to show his support for the city’s workers. When the city needed job growth, Kevin supported tax abatement programs to spur economic growth. More importantly, Kevin was the first council member to address the ever important problem of electric costs by inviting Florida Power & Light to the local electric debate. As a council member and as mayor of Vero Beach, Kevin has done nothing but dedicate himself one hundred percent to the city. As a friend, Kevin has proven himself to be trustworthy and kind, while remaining pragmatic and wise. For these reasons, I would like everyone to please consider Kevin Sawnick for city council. I am honored to call him my friend and encouraged by his vision for Vero Beach, and I couldn’t envision a man more dedicated and qualified than him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All so true and a wonderful letter that really sums up what makes Kevin an effective leader. I know he's got my vote!!!
Rachael Carson Zerbe

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some quality points there. I am kind of new to online , so I printed this off to put in my file, any better way to go about keeping track of it then printing?