Friday, February 8, 2008

My Confession

This is odd for me in more way than one, I've never posted a real blog, and I never thought I'd say this:

It appears that McCain will be the nominee for the republicans. I would just like to point out that McCain is about as republican as I am a billionaire.



If I have to choose between essentially 3 democrats (McCain, Clinton, Obama,) I think one needs to look at the stances of all 3. McCain is not a republican, he's more liberal than most democrats. His immigration policy is ludicrous. He's the one who thought it was okay to sing (to the tune of The Beach Boys' 'Barbara Ann' ): "Bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb, bomb Iran."

Here's the link:
Check it out here

Do we need the rest of the world to think that we take issues like this lightly, that we joke about international relations?

I have been a republican forever, but I now see that Barack Obama is the candidate who acts more intelligently than anyone else. There are all sorts of reasons that people vote for a party. I have voted faithfully republican since I was eighteen. I came to the sad realization that I was wrong recently. The current presidency (and republican congress) has brought us the Patriot Act, a constitutional nightmare, and we are, for some reason, borrowing money from China for an economic "stimulus".

I would challenge anyone to compare Mccain and Clinton to Senator Barack Obama, and would welcome the dialog that would follow. I firmly believe that Obama is the republican's smart choice. I don't see any benefit to electing a man like McCain, who wants to make light of foreign relations and support a 100 year presence in Iraq, simply because he is a republican.

Here's another link:
100 Years In Iraq


Please, check out Barack Obama's website. I wrote this in true conviction, because I believe that McCain will ensure America's failure on the global stage, and I believe that Hillary will too. I think Obama has not been given a fair chance as the true republican's alternative to McCain. Please pass this on, I firmly believe that all of America needs to at least check out the plans and strategies that Barack Obama plans to implement as our next president.

It's time that we made a change in Washington. Please check out BarackObama.com and pass the word on!!!

Help pass the word on by Digging this blog. Go to Digg

-Robbie Garment

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The whole political system scares me!