Thursday, May 8, 2008

Repudiate Repudiation, Mr. McCain.


Has anyone heard the word repudiate more frequently than in this presidential election? Seriously. Google it. I'll wait.


See what I mean?!? Sure the first few links are for definitions, but after that, all you see is McCain and Obama. Repudiate Hamas, repudiate Wright, repudiate liverwurst, repudiate repudiation.


We really have reached the ultimately politically correct election. The standard for this election is to find something that your opponent clearly opposes, but attack him for not "repudiating" it in no uncertain terms.

It's like when Obama debated Clinton. He said that he "rejected" Farrakhan's endorsement of him. Does that leave any doubt as to his feelings? To any logical person, the intent is pretty clear, but in the ever increasing passive-aggressive race, Hillary decided it was not enough. She told the moderators that Obama rejected the comments, but he did not "denounce" them. Senator Obama quickly responded with (and I paraphrase) 'Fine, I reject AND denounce' Farrakhan's endorsement.


Give me a break! To think that we now have to use two, three, or maybe even four synonyms to say one thing is ridiculous!

Now McCain wants Obama to "repudiate" Hamas. He is bringing up a quote from Ahmed Yousef that says "We like Obama and hope that he will win the election" to which McCain responded "It's indicative of how some of our enemies view America. And I guarantee you, they're not going to endorse me."


Forgive me for being stupid, but at what point does someone saying that they support you mean that you solicited or even welcome said support? I mean, if we're going to get down to it, McCain SOUGHT OUT the endorsement of John Hagee, a clear bigot and all-around weirdo.


That being said, the larger meaning in that statement is that McCain is offering more of the cowboy, my-way-or-the-highway style of foreign policy that Bush has given us for the last 8 years. It wouldn't surprise me if every leader of every organization outside the US desired a president with more of a compromising attitude than Bush or McCain. To demonize Obama because someone within a Palestinian terrorist organization likes him is ludicrous. Let me also remind everybody that John McCain sought out John Hagee's endorsement, knowing full well that he said that New Orleans deserved Hurricane Katrina for "a level of sin offensive to God."

So, Mr. McCain, why must Obama "repudiate" some unsolicited endorsement from a wacko, when you SOUGHT OUT an endorsement from a wacko. Let's stop playing these political games and get down to policy. Instead of trying to make people think Obama is somehow viewed as a terror ally, why don't you tell everyone why you asked an offensive man for an endorsement? Why don't you also tell everyone how leaders worldwide are hoping that anybody but you takes office, because they want a leader who will not use America to police the world?

Mr. McCain, it's time to get past this petty passive-aggressive style of politics. If you want to say something, don't just dance around the issue. Instead of attempting to call out your opponent by demanding they "repudiate" someone, why not tell us how you really feel? Instead of trying to be the nice, politically correct guy, why not say what you actually mean? Instead of insinuating things, be a man and come out and say exactly what you think. If you really are the bold, resolute leader that you claim to be, prove it. Dancing around issues by floating out vague suggestions about your opponent is the kind of timid politics that tells me that you are in no way qualified to run this country.

Am I right? Am I Wrong? Leave a comment and let me know.

End of rant.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXn-1v75Gg

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I contemplate the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!